Go-Green with Avanti Power Repairs
The wonderful thing that’s happening today is that people are becoming more aware of the needs of our environment and are showing signs of willingness to make a change. When we talk of environment, it involves everything around us, not just the weather. It includes all the animals, plants and the human beings living in this planet.
The environmental cost of repairing equipment is usually a fraction of the cost of buying a newly manufactured replacement. Additionally, by having your equipment repaired, you are reducing the amount of equipment going into landfill. Under recently introduced WEEE legislation, businesses face increased costs, and possible fines, related to equipment disposal.
Did you know ?
- Landfills are composed of 35% packaging materials
- Aluminum can be recycled continuously, as in forever. Recycling 1 aluminum can save enough energy to run our TVs for at least 3 hours. 80 trillion aluminum cans are used by humans every year.
- We generate around 40 million tons of electronic waste every year, worldwide. That’s like throwing 800 laptops every second.
- Most of the components of E-Waste are electronic equipments that can be re-used and recycled for materials recovery.
- In 2009, discarded TVs, computers, peripherals (including printers, scanners, fax machines) mice, keyboards, power supplies totaled about 2.37 million short tons.
- A large number of what is labeled as “e-waste” is actually not waste at all, but rather whole electronic equipment or parts that are readily marketable for reuse or can be recycled for materials recovery
- Only 12.5% of e-waste is currently recycled.
For more facts click here
Any units that need to be disposed of will be done following the correct process, to ensure we do our bit for the environment.
Specialists in Power Supply Repairs
For further information on this manufacturer please contact our team.
Telephone: 01189-820 911